Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) 10N 30% Solution Description:
- The manufacturing of Bio Pharma Grade Sodium Hydroxide NH4150 is performed at BioSpectra’s Bangor, PA, USA FDA registered, GMP facility and is conducted in a dedicated processing area using only dedicated equipment
- Sodium Hydroxide is a Clear / Colorless Liquid.
- BioSpectra certifies that all Sodium Hydroxide NH4150 at BioSpectra and its raw materials are not derived from or come in contact with animal parts, products and/or byproducts.
- Sodium Hydroxide manufactured at BioSpectra and any raw materials used in the manufacture of Sodium Hydroxide at BioSpectra are not subject to genetic modification.
- Synonyms: NaOH Solution 10N, Sodium Hydroxide Solution 10N, Sodium Hydroxide 30% Solution, Sodium Hydrate
NaOH Stability and Reactivity:
Chemical Stability: Stable. Possibility of hazardous reactions will not occur. Incompatible Materials: Acids, organic materials, chlorinated solvents, aluminum, phosphorus, zinc, tin. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Sodium oxides.
NaOH 10N GMP Compliance:
Bio Pharma Grade Sodium Hydroxide 10N NH4150 is manufactured in accordance with cGMP guidelines and is suitable to be used only as the following: IPEC Compliant cGMP Manufactured Chemical, for use in further Manufacturing or as a Reagent for Laboratory and Research. This Grade of Sodium Hydroxide Solution is not suitable to be used as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Drug, Drug Product or Household Item.
NaOH 10N Expiration/Retest Date:
The expiration date for Sodium Hydroxide Solution is two years from the date of manufacture.
Storage and Shipping Conditions:
Ship and Store in ambient temperature, there is no impact to the product within ambient conditions of 10-40°C. Store in a clean and dry area. Store in the original container. Material will freeze at slightly lower temperatures. Warming the product will allow for full dissolution of material
Skin corrosion Category 1, Serious eye damage Category 1, Acute aquatic toxicity Category 3
H290 May be corrosive to metals H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
H402 Harmful to aquatic life
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Inhalation May be harmful if inhaled. Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Causes skin burns. Ingestion NFPA Ratings HMIS Ratings Health 3 Flammability 0 Reactivity 1 Specific hazard Not Available 3.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Appearance (physical state, color, etc.) Colorless liquid. Odor Odorless. Odor threshold Not Available pH ~14 Melting point/freezing point -12-10°C (10-50°F) Initial boiling point and boiling range 105-140°C (221-284°F) Flash point: Not Flammable. Vapor density 1.33 (air=1) Density 1.54 g/ cm3 Solubility(ies) Soluble in water.
Sodium Hydroxide Solution 10N (30%) is available in 940L totes, 200L drums, 19L pails, 10L pails,4x4L case and 12x1L case.